Page 5 – Principal characteristics of roofing slate
Standard specification and details
Principal Characteristics of all British Natural Roofing Slate
- Durability: Life should considerably exceed that of the building.
- Water Resistance: Impermeable to water penetration.
- Thermal Conductivity: 1.16 W/M°C: Average ‘K’ Value.
- Resistance to Light: No change.
- Effect of Extreme Temperature: No effect.
- Effects of Mildew, Fungus and Moss: No effect. Moss or lichen growth can be removed with a fungicide.
- Maintenance: None is needed once slates are laid correctly.